Graduate Program in Studio Art Application and Deadline
The studio graduate program deadline for priority fall semester entry is January 10.
Applicants submit materials directly to the UA Graduate School by completing an application form that includes the following:
- Portfolio of 20 significant pieces representing your work. Instructions for preparing your portfolio:
- Size each file to 1000 px on the longest side
- Use your resized files to create a Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshow
- Label each image with the artist’s name, title of work, date work was completed, dimensions (height x width x depth, as applicable), and medium
- Save the file as a PDF
- Upload the PDF portfolio in the Supporting Documents section of your application
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcript(s)
- Application fee
For more information about admission to the graduate program in studio art, contact Allison Grant, Director of Graduate Studies, Studio Art, email@example.com.
Assistantships, Fellowships, and Scholarships
The Studio Art program offers competitive assistantship, fellowship, and scholarship packages. A limited number of these packages include full tuition scholarships with annual stipends and health insurance coverage. Applicants are automatically placed in the running for all available awards.
For more information, contact
- Professor Allison Grant, director of graduate studies in studio art about scholarships and assistantships for graduate study.
- And visit https://graduate.ua.edu/prospective-students/graduate-school-scholarships-fellowships/.
Assistantships and Admission Status
Conditionally admitted students, those on probation, and those in non-degree status may not hold assistantships without special permission of the Dean of the Graduate School.
All graduate assistants must be full-time students. However, “full-time” means from 1 to 12 hours of graduate work, depending upon the obligations of the assistantship.