The spring/summer issue of The Loupe – our once-a-semester encapsulation of news and activities of the students, faculty and alumni in the UA Department of Art and Art History — is out!
The cover story of this issue features a unique mural project headed up by Chair and Professor Jason Guynes for a downtown Tuscaloosa hotel. It’s a fun story that brings together current faculty, students and alumni and got some attention in the local media.
Highlights of this issue:
- our 2020-2021 graduates and our Outstanding Students in art history and studio art
- a grad student whose paintings have been published in a juried national publication
- a BFA graphic design major has released a 34-track music album in the genre of vaporwave on iTunes
- find out what schools our graduates are headed to this fall
- an award-winning undergrad who is working in virtual reality in art history
- an art history professor who is part of an international committee advising on restoration of Notre-Dame in Paris
- an instructor who was interviewed about his printmaking awards on an Austin, Texas, podcast
- see our exhibitions in the Sarah Moody Gallery, the Sella-Granata Art Gallery and more exhibitions online
Read this issue here (PDF), or on the web here: https://art.ua.edu/category/loupe/.
Read current and past issues of The Loupe here: https://art.ua.edu/resources/newsletter-the-loupe/
For more information about The University of Alabama’s programs in art history and studio art, visit our Degree Programs page.