Four UA art venues will hold First Friday receptions on Friday, November 4, 2022, beginning at 5:00 p.m. and lasting until 8:00 p.m. on UA campus and in downtown Tuscaloosa.
The Sarah Moody Gallery of Art (Garland Hall, 700 Capstone Drive), and downtown’s historic districts Paul R. Jones Museum, UA Gallery and the Arts Council Gallery will all celebrate current artists’ work in ceramics, painting, photography, digital media, and performance art.
Here’s the schedule, beginning with Cedric Smith’s artist talk the afternoon before:
- NOV 3 Cedric Smith Artist Lecture, Camellia Room, Gorgas Library (2nd flr.), 711 Capstone Drive, UA, 4:30 p.m.
- NOV 4 First Friday artists’ reception, Clay+/Invitational, curated by Wade MacDonald, Sarah Moody Gallery of Art, 103 Garland Hall, 700 Capstone Drive, UA (OCT 27-DEC 21), 5-7 pm
- NOV 4 First Friday reception, Tracing Thin Air: Karen Brummund, Allison Grant, Holland Hopson, The Arts Council Gallery, Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, 620 Greensboro Ave., Tuscaloosa (NOV 4-17), 5-7 pm
- NOV 4 First Friday artist’s reception, The Magpie in the Mirror: Patty B. Driscoll, The University of Alabama Gallery, 620 Greensboro Ave., Tuscaloosa (OCT 7-DEC 2), 5-7 pm
- NOV 4 First Friday artist’s reception, Horsepower: Cedric Smith, Paul R. Jones Museum, 2308 6th Street, Tuscaloosa (OCT 7-DEC 9), 5-8 pm
Click on the links for each event to find out more about the artist or the exhibition. Keep up with all the free visual art events in West Alabama by subscribing to the weekly Art Roundup.
For more information about The University of Alabama’s programs in art history and studio art, visit our Degree Programs page.