Art Roundup from the UA Dept. of Art and Art History: today is Tuesday, November 23, 2021. Happy Thanksgiving and grateful thanks for the creativity of artists! As always, check open hours with your favorite gallery — and get your vaccinations! Galleries, museums and art events can stay open if we are vaccinated, masked and healthy, so please do your part. Events are listed in order of ending date. Thanks to Lorrie Lane for the image above. And thank you for continuing to support your local artists wherever you can.
- NOW-NOV 29 Juan Lopez-Bautista Master of Fine Arts Thesis Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, Woods Hall, UA
- NOV 29 Annual Book Arts Holiday Sale, 1st Floor, Gorgas Library, 9 am-4 pm
- NOW-NOV 30 Nowhere in Place: Christopher Jordan, Harrison Galleries, 2315 Univ. Blvd., Tuscaloosa
- NOW-NOV 30 Adventures in Aquatic Art Group Exhibition, Clarke Building, Teer Gallery, Kentuck Art Center, Northport
- NOV 30 Opening day to submit artwork for 18th Annual Double Exposure Juried Photography Exhibit – Juniors (NOV 30-DEC 3)
DECEMBER ART NIGHT & FIRST FRIDAY
- DEC 2-3 8×8 Holiday Art Show, Historic Drish House, Greensboro Ave., Tuscaloosa, 5-7 pm
- DEC 2 Art Night at Kentuck, Studio Artists, Kentuck’s Museum Gallery, Kentuck Art Center, Northport, 5-8 pm
- DEC 3 First Friday Art Walk, Downtown Tuscaloosa, 5-8 pm (check-in with your favorite gallery to be sure it’s open)
- DEC 3 First Friday opening and awards event, Annual West Alabama Juried Show, Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, Tuscaloosa (DEC 3-22, 2021 and JAN 3-21, 2022), 5-7 pm
- DEC 3 First Friday event: An Expressionist’s Journey: Susan N. McCollough, The University of Alabama Gallery, DWCAC (OCT 1-DEC 3)
- DEC 3 First Friday event, Lorrie Lane Studio, Sixth Street, Tuscaloosa, 5-8 pm
- DEC 3 First Friday closing reception, Forward Movement: Selections from the Collection of Johnny and Allison Howze, Paul R. Jones Museum, Sixth Street, Tuscaloosa (OCT 1-DEC 3), 5-8 pm
- NOV 30-DEC 3 Entries accepted for 18th Annual Double Exposure Juried Photography Exhibit – Juniors
- NOW-DEC 4 8th Annual Fall Salon, Paperworkers Local, 2717 7th Ave., S., Suite 203, B’ham
- DEC 5 5th Street Vintage Market, 4150 5th St., Northport, 10 am-3 pm
DECEMBER & INTO 2022!
- NOW-DEC 31 Bri Howard, Main Gallery, Columbus Arts Council, 501 Main St., Columbus, Miss. (dates are approx.)
NOW-DEC 31 Anstacia Doughty, Artist Alley, Columbus Arts Council, 501 Main St., Columbus, Miss. (dates are approx.)
- NOW-JAN 5 10 Years of Bib & Tucker Sew-Op, Georgine Clarke Alabama Artists Gallery, 201 Monroe St Suite 110, Montgomery
- NOW-JAN 10 What is a Book? Selections from local Books Arts collections, 7th Floor Gallery, Gorgas Library, UA
- JAN 18, 2022 Exhibition opening, 18th Annual Double Exposure Juried Photography Exhibit, Bama Theatre’s Junior League Gallery, Tuscaloosa (JAN 18-FEB 3)
- NOW-DEC 22/JAN 4-18 True Likeness, Sarah Moody Gallery of Art, Garland Hall, UA
- DEC 3-22, ’21 and JAN 3-21, ’22 Annual West Alabama Juried Show, Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, Tuscaloosa
- DEC 1-JAN 27, 2022 Studio Artists, Kentuck’s Museum Gallery, Kentuck Art Center, Northport
- NOW-JAN 30, 2022 Amy McBroom Exhibition, Kentuck’s Gallery at Hotel Indigo, 111 Greensboro Ave, Tuscaloosa
- JAN 18-FEB 3, 2022 18th Annual Double Exposure Juried Photography Exhibit – Juniors, Bama Theatre’s Junior League Gallery, Tuscaloosa
- FEB 6, 2022 Closing reception, 18th Annual Double Exposure Juried Photography Exhibit – Juniors, Bama Theatre’s Junior League Gallery, Tuscaloosa, 2-3 pm
- NOW-MAR 19, 2022 Weaving Muscogee Creek Culture: The Artistry of Mary Smith, Mildred Westervelt Warner Transportation Museum, Tuscaloosa
AREA GALLERIES AND MUSEUMS
- Aaron Sanders Head Studio, 1310 Main Street, Greensboro, Ala., events announced on Facebook
- The Arts Council Gallery, Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, Tuscaloosa, Mon.-Fri., 1-3 pm, First Fridays 1-7 pm
- Carnegie Visual Arts Center, Decatur, Ala.
- Columbus Arts Council, 501 Main St., Columbus, Miss.
- Fayette Art Museum, 530 Temple Avenue, North, Fayette, Mon.-Fri., 9 am-12 pm and 1 pm-4 pm
- Gallery 905, Arts Revive, 3 Church Street, Selma
- Harrison Galleries, 2315 University Blvd., Tuscaloosa
- Kentuck Art Center, 503 Main Avenue, downtown Northport, Mon-Fri: 9:30am-5:30pm; Sat-Sun: 12pm-4pm
- Lorrie Lane Studio, 2420 Sixth St., Tuscaloosa, Mon-Fri, 12 noon-6 pm
- Mildred Westervelt Warner Transportation Museum, 1901 Jack Warner Parkway, Tues.-Sat., 10 am-4:30 pm
- Paperworkers Local printmaking coop, 2717 7th Ave., S., Suite 203, B’ham, Saturdays open studio 11 am-4 pm
- Scott Miller Projects, 2212 Morris Avenue, Ste. 103, Birmingham
- Moundville Archaeological Park Museum, Moundville, Ala., Seven days a week, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
- Paul R. Jones Museum, Sixth St., Tuscaloosa, Mon.-Fri. 9 am-5 pm and 12-8 pm First Fridays
- Sarah Moody Gallery of Art, 103 Garland Hall, UA campus, Mon.-Fri. 9 am-4:30 pm
- Sella-Granata Art Gallery, Woods Hall, UA campus
- The University of Alabama Gallery, Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, Tuscaloosa, Mon.-Fri., 9 am-4 pm; First Fridays, noon-7pm
ART ANYTIME – Online Exhibitions Around West Alabama
- Kentuck Art Center’s Online Artist Exhibitions
- An online tour of the Monster Takeover and other public sculptures in downtown Tuscaloosa and Northport.
- Stroll through UA’s Woods Quad Sculpture Garden, the Alabama Biennial and public sculpture throughout UA campus.
- Browse over 250 more Online Exhibitions of UA Art & Art History Exhibitions and Events
- For more art links, visit our Visual Arts Calendars, Venues & Websites page.
ABOUT THIS CALENDAR
Look for the Art Roundup e-list almost every week, a service of the UA Department of Art & Art History. We hope to provide a more or less comprehensive list of free exhibits and visual arts events in West Alabama (*and sometimes a wider net, esp. if West Alabama folks are showing), with hyperlinks. Very occasionally, non-profit events asking for a nominal entry fee or donation will be included. Follow the links to get more information. To send your exhibition info, unsubscribe to this email, or to change or add an email address, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
Want to know more about events and exhibitions in the UA Department of Art & Art History? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Thank you for supporting ALL of the arts all over West Alabama!
“Gathering West Alabama’s Visual Arts Events since September 2013”