- MA, Art History, University of Lagos, Nigeria, 2010
- PGDE (Post Graduate Diploma in Education), Federal University of Technology Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria, 2007
- BA, Creative Arts with Honors, University of Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria, 1999
Jude Anogwih is a graduate teaching assistant for Associate Professor William Dooley in drawing and Assistant Professor Bryce Speed in painting. Anogwih received the MA in art history from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He received a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from Federal University of Technology Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria, and the BA with honors from the University of Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria, in Creative Arts. Anogwih was among the graduate students featured in the 2017 Graduate Student Show who were also videoed giving gallery talks about their art work and practice.
In September 2019, Anogwih gave a gallery talk during the exhibit, Annual Graduate Student Show, at the Sella-Granata Art Gallery:
Anogwih gave a gallery talk during the 2017 Annual Graduate Student Show at the Sella-Granata Art Gallery:
Anogwih’s work has been shown internationally in many exhibitions including Videonale (Lagos, Nigeria); Biennale Jogja XII (Yogyakarta, Indonesia); “Shifting Africa,” Mediation Biennale (Poznan, Poland); Suspension of Disbelief, Brundyn+ (Cape Town South Africa); Analogue Eye-Video Art Africa, National Arts Festival (Grahamstown, South Africa); Jardim Canadá Centro de Arte (Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil); 5th International Festival of Video Art, FIVAC 2013 (Camagüey, Cuba); Imagined Communities, Golden Thread Gallery (Northern Ireland). He was selected as a Goethe-Institut Moving Africa Participant at Salon Urbain de Douala and he won a Goethe-Institut Fellowship to dOCUMENTA (13) in Kassel, Germany, among other awards. He is a founding member and co-coordinator of Video Art Network Lagos.
This Broom Knows all the Corners (2014), Digital video, colour, sound, 03:15 from Jude Anogwih. More videos by Jude Anogwih are on Vimeo here.
Artist statement: This work interrogates the concept of identity, mobility and migration. They take the form of experimental painting/drawing, video art, installation and producing maps.
- Cutting Edge Award for “Underneath Downtown” in the 28th Annual Juried International Society of Experimental Artists (ISEA) Exhibition, Lowell, Mich., (SEP 7-OCT 26, 2019)
- Urban Cadence, Gund Gallery, Kenyon College, Ohio, USA (Oct. 13, 2017 – March 4, 2018), guest curated by Carol Magee, UNC-Chapel Hill
- OSMOSIS, Taipei, Taiwan (August – September 2017)
- ACA Collective Art Show, Raw Space, Vero Beach, Florida, USA (August 2017)