Graduate Teaching Assistant
- BFA, Ceramics and Sculpture, University of Montevallo, 2013
Parker Hunt is a graduate student in ceramics with an assistantship. He is professor of record for ART 212 and assists in ART 412. Hunt received a BFA in ceramics and sculpture from the University of Montevallo and has taken graduate courses in ceramics at Ball State University where he held an assistantship. He has also studied at the Federal University of Goiás, Brazil and at Gadsden State Community College.
Hunt has taught ceramics and the history of ceramics at Gadsden State Community College in 2018 and taught ceramics at the K-12 level from 2014-2017. He has exhibited in national and regional juried exhibitions and has served as an artist assistant at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts (Tenn.); visiting artist at Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Penn.; artist-in-residence at the Walnut Gallery, and at Mary G. Hardin Center of Cultural Arts, both in Gadsden.
- Break Away, The Walnut Gallery, Gadsden, Alabama, solo, Oct., 2022
- Porcelaneous Perspectives: Parker Hunt and John Oles, Walnut Gallery, Gadsden, Ala., Dec., 2018
- 25th Annual Strictly Functional Pottery National (juror: Linda Sikora), Lancaster, Penn., 2017
- Cup: The Intimate Object XIII, Charlie Cummings Gallery, Carrboro, N.C., 2017
- Twin-Cup Exhibition (juror: Ted Neal), Missouri Western State University, St. Joseph, Mo., 2017
- Last Call II (juror: Jen Allen), Companion Gallery, Humbolt, Tenn., 2017
- 9th Annual Cup Show: Form and Function (Juror: Carol Epp), Amelia Center Gallery, Gulf Coast State College, Panama City, FL 2016
- Alabama Clay Conference (group exhibition), Gadsden, Ala., 2016
- Home (solo) Meadows Gallery, Gadsden State Community College, 2014
- Walnut 2014 Invitational Exhibition (group), Walnut Gallery at the Hardin Center for Cultural Arts, Gadsden, Ala., January 13 – March 31, 2014
- Parker Hunt and Jason Jeffcoat (two-person exhibition), Meadows Gallery, Gadsden State Community College, 2013