Amy Smoot is an instructor in ceramics. She received the MFA in ceramics in 2018 from UA. As a graduate assistant, she taught Figure Modeling and assisted in Ceramics I, III and IV. Smoot received the BFA in ceramics from the University of West Georgia where she was a studio assistant in ceramics and a student research assistant. She was one of three artists selected for Air Air in 2017, an artist residency where artists make art on airplanes. In the spring of 2017, she gave a 19th-century ceramics presentation at historic Lyon Hall in Demopolis, Ala. and led a “Fifty Minute Heads” workshop at the 2017 Georgia High School Clay Symposium (at UWG). In 2016-2017, she received a UA Graduate Council Fellowship. She currently serves as President of Crimson Clay.
- Master of Fine Arts Thesis Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (March 21-28)
- Master of Arts Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- 2018 Annual Graduate Student Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- 2017 Annual Graduate Student Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, Tuscaloosa Ala.
- Air Air Pop-up Exhibition, Atlanta, Ga.
- 5th Biennial Alumni Art Exhibition, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, Ga.
- FRESH Emerging Artists Exhibition, Association for Visual Arts (AVA), Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Professor and Student Exhibition at the Alabama Clay Conference
- QUICKTURNAROUND, The University of Alabama Gallery, Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
M.F.A. The University of Alabama (2019), ceramics
B.F.A. University of West Georgia (2015); concentration: ceramics