Graduate Teaching Assistant
John Klosterman is a native of Daphne, Alabama. Growing up, he developed a fondness for machines and the tinkering that came along with them. His love of tinkering now takes on a two-dimensional form as he transfers ink to paper. Instead of the turn of a wrench, it is now the carving of a block with a gouge. Layers of each print, much like parts of a car, are assembled in a manner that creates a functioning vehicle for the message of each piece. Klosterman received the BFA from the University of South Alabama in 2015, with a major in printmaking and a minor in interdisciplinary studies. At The University of Alabama, he is a graduate teaching assistant working towards his MFA in printmaking. In March of 2019, he will present his Master of Fine Arts thesis exhibition in the Sella-Granata Art Gallery.
- Manifestations: Master of Fine Arts Thesis Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (March 21-28)
- Master of Arts Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Nine, Eichold Gallery, Spring Hill College, Mobile, Ala. (Feb.-Apr.)
- 2018 Annual Graduate Student Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Hot-N-Ready Print Portfolio Exchange, Foster Art Gallery, Westminster College, New Wilmington, Penn.
- PrintSpace, Wichita State University, Kan.
- A.D. Gallery, University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, N.C.
- 2017 Annual Graduate Student Exhibition, Sella-Granata Art Gallery, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
B.F.A., University of South Alabama (2015); major: printmaking