Graduate Teaching Assistant
307 Garland Hall
John Klosterman is a native of Daphne, Alabama. Growing up, he developed a fondness for machines and the tinkering that came along with them. His love of tinkering now takes on a two-dimensional form as he transfers ink to paper. Instead of the turn of a wrench, it is now the carving of a block with a gouge. Layers of each print, much like parts of a car, are assembled in a manner that creates a functioning vehicle for the message of each piece. Klosterman received the BFA from the University of South Alabama in 2015, with a major in printmaking and a minor in interdisciplinary studies. At The University of Alabama, he is a graduate teaching assistant working towards his MFA in printmaking. He was among the graduate students featured in the 2017 Graduate Student Show who were also videoed giving gallery talks about their art work and practice.
September – October 2017 – Hot-N-Ready Print Portfolio Exchange
- PrintSpace, Wichita State University, Kan.
- Foster Art Gallery, Westminster College, New Wilmington, Pa.
- A.D. Gallery, University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, N.C.
February 8 – 22, 2018 – Master of Arts Exhibition
- Sella-Granata Art Gallery, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
February 19 – April 2, 2018 – Nine
- Eichold Gallery, Spring Hill College, Mobile, Ala.
B.F.A., University of South Alabama (2015); major: printmaking