The Department of Art and Art History offers three undergraduate degree programs:
- Art History: Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Studio Art: Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Studio Art: Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Graphic Design: Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
We also offer three master’s-level graduate degree programs:
- Art History: Master of Arts (MA)
- Studio Art: Master of Arts (MA)
- Studio Art: Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
Undergraduate courses: Ancient, Asian, Medieval, Early Modern (Renaissance/Baroque), 19th Century, American (includes African American), and Modern/Contemporary.
Graduate areas: Medieval, Early Modern (Renaissance and Baroque), American (including African American), Nineteenth Century, Modern/Contemporary
Studio Art Concentrations
Ceramics, Digital Media, Drawing, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Intermedia*
*Intermedia may be used as a secondary concentration only.
The Department of Art and Art History is part of the College of Arts and Sciences and is centrally located on the campus of The University of Alabama. All programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).