Our metal fabrication shop, foundry and wood shop are staffed by highly qualified arts technicians Patrick O’Sullivan and Mike Eddins, both with studio degrees from UA and extensive experience in a variety of skills, including carpentry, home-building, design and remodeling; ornamental iron work design, fabrication and blacksmith work; production facility maintenance; as well as art history and art education training.
Our arts technicians
- assist and support faculty and students every day with projects in sculpture and design
- problem-solve and execute sculptural and design projects involving a wide variety of materials.
- teach best practices to users of our facilities and equipment
- build and repair support department facilities such as walls, and furniture
- restore historic architectural features and sculptures
- maintain the wood and metal shop and foundry facilities
Recent Historic Restoration Projects
- Renovating the 19th-century Bryce sculptures, including Hebe Goddess of Youth, aquarium/fountain, and others
- Repair of cast iron leaf finials from Clark Hall
Sculpture Installation Photos