Sella-Granata Art Gallery
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 United States 205.348.1893
Exhibition Schedule Spring 2021
- Graduate Student Pop-Up Exhibition – February 1-19, 2021
Featuring new works by UA studio grad students
See the online exhibition
- René Thompson and Sandra Vega MA Thesis Exhibitions, March 1-12, 2021
- Upneet Kaur Mair and Shivam Pawar MA Thesis Exhibitions, March 23-April 2, 2021
- 2021 BFA Exhibition, April 14-27
Exhibition Schedule Fall 2020
- BFA Senior Exhibition – December 7-10, 2020
Featuring work by Alyssa Hochstetler and Amber Daum
See the online exhibition
- Studio Art Instructors Exhibition – October 26-November 20, 2020 – Featuring work by studio art instructors in the department. See the online exhibition.
- New Graduate Student Show – September 21-October 9, 2020 – Featuring work by incoming graduate students in studio art.
See the online exhibition.
Visiting the Gallery
The Sella-Granata Art Gallery features student exhibitions as well as visiting artists and is an essential part of the education and development of UA students and our community. The gallery is open to the public with reduced capacity, limited to ten (10) visitors at a time. Visitors must wear face coverings inside the gallery and maintain a minimum distance of six feet from others.
Admission to the gallery is free.
Hours are Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Friday 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Information about visitor parking is available on the UA parking services website. Parking is free on campus in a legal space after business hours. For more information, contact the gallery at (205) 348-2783.
About the Gallery
In 1998, a gallery was created on the first floor of Woods Hall for student exhibitions. In 2009, the UA Trustees approved the name change to “Sella-Granata Art Gallery” and the mission was expanded to include general programming as well as student exhibitions. The gallery is named in honor of two longtime UA art professors, the late Alvin Sella and Angelo Granata.
As the UA art gallery that primarily features students exhibitions, as well as visiting artists, the Sella-Granata is a vital learning resource for the department of art and art history.
Funding support for the Sella-Granata Art Gallery comes from the Department of Art and Art History and the College of Arts and Sciences.
News & Exhibitions
View press releases and news articles about the gallery.
View Sella-Granata past exhibition photos on Flickr.
Listen to our graduate students present five-minute talks about their work.
- There were no results found.