The UA Department of Art and Art History presents our annual Advanced Scholarship Show, February 7-11, 2022, in the Sella-Granata Art Gallery, 109 Woods Hall on UA campus. The public is invited to view the exhibition that features some of the most diverse and creative work by returning studio art majors vying for scholarships in the department. The students exhibiting this year are:
- Brylane Hay, a senior BFA major in art, concentrating in digital media and drawing, with a minor in creative media, from Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Gabriella Lopez, a junior BFA major in art, concentrating in digital media and drawing, from Hoover, Ala.
- Mackenna Overholt, a senior BFA major in art, concentrating painting and drawing, minor in art history, from Golden, Colorado.
- Liza Reid Smith, a senior BFA major in art, concentrating painting and digital media, double minor in Chinese and advertising and public relations, from Louisville, Kentucky.
- Ella Smyth, a senior BFA major in art, concentrating painting and drawing, minor in French, from Prattville, Ala.
- Sydney Tomaine, a junior BFA major in art, concentrating digital media and photography, from Clinton Corners, New York.
View representative artworks from each student in the show in an online exhibition here.
All the scholarship award winners in studio art and in art history will be announced during the department’s Honors Day ceremonies on Friday, April 8, 2022, and on our website. More information will be forthcoming about the event.
For more information about our scholarships, our donors and how to support student education at The University of Alabama, go to this page.
The SGAG is a vital learning resource for the department and an essential part of the education and development of UA students and our community. The gallery is run by a committee of faculty, staff and students, and supported by student workers. Visitors must wear face coverings inside the gallery. Funding support for the gallery comes from the Department of Art and Art History and the College of Arts and Sciences. For more information, go to the gallery’s webpage.
Gallery hours are Monday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm; Tuesday 11:00 pm – 7:00 pm; Wednesday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm; Thursday 11:00-7:00 pm; and Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, during the spring semester when school is in session.
Information about visitor parking is available on the UA parking services website. For more information, contact the gallery at (205) 348-1893.