The University of Alabama Department of Art and Art History presents PANTONE 201: The University of Alabama 2023 BFA Graphic Design Senior Thesis Show, April 20-25, 2023, in the Sella-Granata Art Gallery, Woods Hall on UA campus. In this exhibition, twelve seniors present their final thesis work in fulfillment of the degree requirements of the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design. The public is invited to a reception on Friday, April 21 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in the gallery.
The exhibitors are Christine Choi, Katelyn Daniewicz, Cole Engelbrecht, Lily Galluccio, Austin Grant, Olivia Griep, Danielle Guy, Emma Milowski, Katherine Nebbia, Emma Robinson, Sydney Tomaine, and Rachel Walser.
- Christine Choi @christine.choi_, who received an Award of Excellence from Graphic Design USA in its Package Design competition, hopes to work in a creative agency in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Cole Engelbrecht @coleengelbrecht, won a Silver ADDY award (American Advertising Federation Tuscaloosa) in package design, as well as an Award of Excellence from Graphic Design USA in their Package Design competition.
- Austin Grant is looking for work with a creative agency in Atlanta or Nashville.
- Danielle Guy, whose website is here, will be working as a graphic designer and customer rep for OxyCare Plus, Inc., starting in April.
- And, Sydney Tomaine @sydneyyyyt, whose website is here, isn’t sure yet, but is optimistic about the future.
- Katelyn Daniewicz also received an Award of Excellence from Graphic Design USA in its Package Design competition.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design is the professional degree for the graphic designer and prepares students to go directly into a career. The department offers both the BFA in graphic design degree and the BFA in studio art degree. The BFA is also the foundation for the master’s program in studio art at UA and lays the groundwork for more advanced studies toward the Master of Arts and Master of Fine Arts degrees.
Hours for the Sella-Granata Art Gallery are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. when school is in session. The gallery, located in 109 Woods Hall on 7th Avenue, UA campus in Tuscaloosa, features student exhibitions as well as visiting artists and is an essential part of the education and development of UA students and our community.
For more information about our BFA degrees or any of our degree programs in the UA Department of Art and Art History, go to this page or contact the department at (205) 348-5967.