This upcoming First Friday Art Walk on June 2 includes artist receptions at both of UA’s downtown Tuscaloosa venues. The UA Gallery features abstract paintings by local artist (and paramedic firefighter) Tony Sturgis. The Paul R. Jones Museum features works by printmaking students in Associate Professor Sarah Marshall’s class in artistic collaboration with selected works by artists in the Paul R. Jones Collection of American Art at The University of Alabama. Both exhibitions are already open.
The receptions begin at 5:00 p.m. and continue through 7:00 p.m. at the UA Gallery and through 8:00 p.m. at the Paul R. Jones Museum.
More First Friday events are located at Lorrie Lane Studio (2420 Sixth Street), Recent Works: A Collection by Michael Hand (The Arts Council Gallery), and a jazz reception at Harrison Galleries with photographs by Jim Morris (3215 University Boulevard).
Here’s the full schedule:
- JUN 2 First Friday Art Walk, Downtown Tuscaloosa, 5-8 pm
- JUN 2 First Friday event, Lorrie Lane Studio, 2420 Sixth Street, Tuscaloosa, 5-8 pm
- JUN 2 First Friday reception, Recent Works: A Collection by Michael Hand, The Arts Council Gallery, DWCAC (JUN 2-JUL 27), 5-7 pm
- JUN 2 First Friday reception, Lasting Impressions: Responses to the Paul R. Jones Collection by Printmaking 321, Paul R. Jones Museum, 2308 Sixth Street, Tuscaloosa (MAY 5-JUL 28), 5-8 pm
- JUN 2 First Friday reception, Tony Sturgis – Pulse & Color, The University of Alabama Gallery, DWCAC, 620 Greensboro Ave., Tuscaloosa (JUN 2-JUL 28), 5-7 pm
- JUN 2 First Friday jazz reception, Photographs by Jim Morris, Harrison Galleries, 3215 University Blvd., Tuscaloosa, 6-9 pm
For more information about The University of Alabama’s programs in art history and studio art, visit our Degree Programs page.