Congratulations to a few of our recent grads and alumni who are striking out into the world!
Let us know what you’re doing!
- Ashlee René Thompson (MFA 2022) is currently working as a financial aid advisor at UA, and has been awarded an artist residency at ArtRez in Newnan, Georgia, in August. Her painting, Comfort in the Panic, was selected for ITSLIQUID ANIMA MUNDI at the Venice International Art Fair 2022
- William Bounds (BFA 2021, studio art) is a junior designer at Uptick Marketing in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Carolyn Cowper (BFA 2021, studio art) is a graphic designer at The Cochran Firm in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Rebecca DeLong (BA 2021, studio art) is a graphic designer at LPK in Cincinnati. DeLong said, “I get to work with global brands spanning a wide variety of industries including food & beverage, technology, baby care, beauty, health and wellness, and more.” She also runs her own freelance graphic design business that focuses branding, packaging, and other design services. Read more.
- Nadia DelMedico (MA 2021, art history) is teaching art history in UA’s Department of Art and Art History.
- Sarah Lumpkin (BA 2021, studio art) is a graphic designer at Boucher + Co. in New York.
- Lydia McCollum (MA 2021, art history) is a visitor services guide at the Hood Museum at Dartmouth College in Hanover New Hampshire.
- Anna Wallace Pitts (BA 2021, summa cum laude, double major: art history and studio art; minor: Blount Scholars Program) will attend Trinity College Dublin to pursue a Master of Philosophy in art history this fall. Read more.
- Ally Thomasson (BFA 2021, studio art) is a junior designer at Bulletproof in New York.
- Nathanial Trost (BA 2021, studio art) received a Marshall Scholarship and will attend the MFA program at Goldsmiths at the University of London (UK).
- A’Neshia Turner (BFA 2021, studio art) runs Artist by Noon, a graphic design studio.
- Ringo Lisko (BFA 2020, studio art), whose eight-foot-high bronze flowers are the newest addition to the Woods Quad Sculpture Garden, will attend the Rinehart School of Sculpture at MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art) in Baltimore in the fall.
- Ramsey Chandler (BA 2020, studio art) is a junior art director at GSD&M, Austin, Texas.
- Jonathan Lanier (BFA 2019, studio art) completed his first year in the MFA program in sculpture at SAIC (School of the Art Institute Chicago). His work was juried into the new Alabama Triennial, June 10-August 12, 2022, in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Taylor Murray (BA 2018, art history) works full-time in animal rights and part-time in as a gallery host at the Chrysler Museum of Art in Norfolk, Virginia. Read all about his adventures.
- Christina Burroughs (BA 2016, studio art) is a freelance designer in Tuscaloosa and Brooklyn, N.Y., and a graduate of Pratt Institute (MFA 2020).
To find out more about The University of Alabama’s programs in studio art and art history, visit our Degree Programs page.